Monday, January 7, 2008

About Me

I am a Chemical Engineer by background and was initially interested in energy and environmental issues. However, as I educated myself through books and movies, I have expanded my interests. I want to share my knowledge and experiences with everyone.

Many Americans have recently become aware of the climate change issues presented by Al Gore through his documentary "An Inconvenient Truth" and Michael Moore's "Sicko". Although these are an important issues, there are many other issues confronting humanity that deserve equal or greater attention.

I am open to suggestions on issues but I'll write blogs primarily on the following topics:

  • Peak Oil (Energy)
  • Environmentalism
  • Credit/Debt
  • Personal Finance
  • Corporations
  • Media
My goal in this blog is to educate as many people as possible in these pressing issues. While I was in school, I typically would spread the information through word of mouth, telling my friends about the latest documentary that I had watched. But you can only reach so many people through your personal connections. I needed a medium to spread the information that isn't found in the traditional mass media to as many people as possible. Thus, my blog, Meaningful Issues was born.

I will post book, movie, and articles reviews with my personal thoughts/analysis. Once I generate enough content I will have overview pages on where a person completely new to the issue can inform themselves and take action. In the end, I hope to be able to educate people so they will put energy into the issues they are truly passionate about.
"It's worth the discomfort of confronting distressing realities if, as in this case, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. There are choices we can make to protect ourselves and those in our care, and the more we know, the better equipped we are to make them."
-John Robbins

No comments: